Here’s currently what I do for my day-to-day face makeup. I’ll plan to do separate posts for my favorite eye and lip products as well!
- After washing my face, I apply Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen in 55 SPF. It blends in really quickly and doesn’t leave a sticky residue!
- Primer- I get sooo many primer samples in my Sephora Play and Birchbox, so I really use whatever is on hand. Right now I like Smashbox Photo Finish.
- Foundation– this time of year I pretty much wear foundation every day, at least for work (yes, I know this is terrible for your skin ugh). I just bought Urban Decay All-Nighter Liquid Foundation in 3.25– I was using Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in 122 (Creamy Beige) but I hated the packaging and wanted something a bit more ~~high end~~. The UD All Nighter has kind of “meh” reviews but honestly, I really like it. It lasts a long time, the dispenser is mess-free, and it you don’t need to use a lot of product to cover your face. A lot of the bad reviews are about the amount that the foundation “oxidizes” as it dries, which you can definitely see but at least for my skin tone, the oxidation makes it look much more natural. When I first put this on I thought it was way too light, but after a few minutes of “settling” the color matched much better (although tbh I’m not the greatest at matching foundation anyway).
4. Spot Concealer– I use Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 02 (Light/Medium) on spots– this stuff is magical!!! You can use a brush or your fingers to apply it. I’ll probably still be using this when I’m 70 years old (and probably still have acne because the world isn’t fair)
5. Under-Eye Concealer– my bags are so big that TSA charges me a fee whenever I fly. There’s not a ton I can do about the puffiness (thanks a lot, Dad’s side of the family!) but I do find that drinking a lot of water helps a bit. When I’m really motivated I have a couple tricks that I’ll post about later, but for everyday life my goal is to make my undereyes look less like a stressed out raccoon. I’ve been using Maybelline Instant Age Rewind for a while and it’s alright, but when I got my UD foundation last week I also picked up some NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Creme Brulee and OMG I love this stuff. It has zero creasing and it seems like the container will last me a while. I bet it would work on my acne spots too but I haven’t tried it yet.
6. Sometimes I’ll put on bronzer… This one is my current fave because IT SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE.
7. My last step is blush– I’m obsessed with NARS Orgasm because it’s the perfect peachy/gold/pink. I don’t use highlighter with this because I think it’s overkill.
That’s about it! If I know I will have a long day or I’m going to a special event I’ll set my makeup with Urban Decay All-Nighter Spray or Farmacy Skin Dew— I received both in Sephora Play boxes and the sample sizes have lasted me several months.
Let me know in the comments if you found any of this helpful, you’ve tried any of these products, or if you have other suggestions!